Tuesday 15 December 2009

Evaluation of Conventions

My magazine uses conventions of an R&B/pop magazine, similar to blender and vibe. Like Vibe and Blender I use attractive images, mainly mid-shots and close-ups. However I have also challenged the forms of real magazines by using birds-eye shots and contrasting and complimenting different colours according to the pictures. For example by using black and white against a colourful picture and also in my contents page the colours I have used around the picture are the same. On my front page I have used all different types of colours to attract the audience, instead of one main colour which is usually what Vibe and Blender do. In my article I have twisted and changed the quotes in which Cheryl Cole has used about her band on going solo. The images below show my own image and an image from a magazine which influenced and encouraged me to produce an R&B/POP music magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment